Scala Big Data Engineer
Would you like to wrangle Terabytes of data in minutes using cutting-edge technologies?
Would you like to join a team of talented and passionate Software Engineers? Developing your programming skills, building and maintaining data lake, data platform and applications for one of the leading global retailers?
Then we have some good news for you!
We are looking for someone just like you.
We want you in our team!
We use a large scale on-prem cluster and we’re extending it now with a cutting edge, flexible, cloud based approaches. We cooperate with data scientists to optimise operations across a number of business areas (from van deliveries to in-store security).
- Complex big data systems for one of the leading global retailers
- Contributions to the open-source software communities
- On premise and cloud based infrastructure (Hortonworks Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Kubernetes, Azure)
- Professional and comprehensive monitoring, logging and alerting
- Evolutionary Agile approach to software delivery
- Great teamwork and knowledge sharing
- Team-player eager to learn and share, be open to new ideas and solutions
- Hands-on software engineer rather than a programmer
- Interest in solving challenging data engineering problems using state-of-the-art techniques
- Grounded knowledge and understanding of data structures, algorithms and distributed computing
- Good grasp of Scala and/or other JVM languages and willingness to pick up new ones
- Able to develop and maintain high-quality code
- Can communicate with the business using good English (both written and verbal)